The beginning of the year is chock-full of lists promising new commitments, goals, or a simplification of the past year. As Realtors in Canton, MI, we know what resolutions are needed when it comes to selling and buying a house.
Since 1983, Bittinger Team, REALTORS has consistently ranked in the Top 1% of all Realtors in their marketplace. If you are a homeowner looking to sell in 2019, then let us help simplify the process with these five New Year’s resolutions for selling your home in 2019.
1. Get Your Finances in Order - Tax season is here, and it makes the perfect time to gather documents, create a new budget, pay down debt, and increase your savings. Sitting down now will ensure you can take the necessary steps for a seamless transaction with no surprises.
Remember to budget closing costs, small projects, and moving expenses. Now is also the time to consider the price for your next home. Check out our mortgage calculator to get a head start!
2. Cleanse and Organize - You’ve heard it time and time again: go through each room to throw out, sell, donate, or store the items you will no longer need for the next few months.
Then clear off counters, dressers, and tables around the house; less is more when you are preparing to show your home to potential buyers. An organized home will allow for potential buyers to picture themselves living there.
3. Meet with Your Canton, MI Realtors - Bittinger REALTORS are proud to be among the top Canton, MI Realtors. We’ve got many tools to help prepare you for the selling and buying process. From market analysis so you can see what similar houses have sold for recently, to articles on recent market trends, we’ll help you prepare and get informed for the selling process. Please explore all we have to offer with our Home Seller’s Guide and Tools.
4. Finish Weekend Projects - You know the projects you started but never finished? Now is the time to put the finishing touches on them. Not every project will be worth the time or money, but a simple coat of paint can change the entire feel of a room.
Go through your home and make sure there are no safety hazards like exposed wiring and address any issues your Realtor has brought to your attention.
5. Stage Your Home - Your home has served its purpose and now you have to present it for a new family. Give your old home one last deep clean as a cathartic goodbye. You will then be prepared to do quick clean-ups before showings.
Focus on making the entry and first room inviting by adding a new welcome mat and having coordinating or complementary colors in the rugs and accent pillows. In this resolution, you may need to make a list of daily “must-dos” like keep the sink empty and the beds made, if these habits do not come naturally. Make your first impression a good one!
Get Ready to Sell Your Canton, MI Home with Bittinger Team, REALTORS
Most people wait until the Spring to put their house on the market, but at Bittinger Team, REALTORS, we help clients sell all year long. Homeowners who put their house on the market in January or February have the distinct advantage of less competition.
Bittinger Team, REALTORS are your local real estate agents proudly serving Canton, Plymouth, and Northville, MI. Contact us today to get started on your New Year’s resolutions for your home in 2019.